Sisters, Kin

    I always wanted a sister. Never knew until I was 30 that I'd had one all along in a half-sister. When we finally met each other it was so astounding - like we'd always known each other. We were so alike! We liked the same things! We had even named our daughters the same thing!
    This is what I've experienced in our mentoring program at church, Titus 2 Women. Not only have I gained a bunch of sisters, we share Christ together which makes it even more special.
    We have all had struggles, burdens, pain - and we can cry and laugh and lift each other up whenever we meet. Many times we try to "get over it" alone or hide our pain in lots of different ways but today as we started a new session, I was reminded anew how the Holy Spirit guides our conversations and ministers to us. Sisters, kin.
    Over and over, as we shared, God bonded woman to woman in tears and prayers as they were able to express deep hurts. Wow God, You are our Healer. We share our "stuff" knowing that there is always someone else who has experienced the same thing and perhaps is further down the healing path. Sisters, kin.
    I know that some think this is all a bunch of silly mushy nonsense. I used to think that myself, key part of that being SELF - thinking I don't need anyone, especially anyone knowing my business. But God has used things in my life to help others, period.
    When we are vulnerable and transparent, we are useful. When we are healed by the Healer, we can help others find the Healer. When God gives us a voice, we should use it.
    We are sisters, kin.
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving The Sinner

The Mother

Love Fail