Aging Out

The older I get, the less things matter. Take things for instance - wish I had less clutter. Then there's approval - I don't need it from anyone anymore.  How about money? Do I really NEED anything?
The longer I walk with God, simple life is much more attractive, and easier, and carefree - like porch sitting in the summer - paddling around a little pool - knitting in a comfy chair.
But, all that said, God is never done with us til we're dead, so am I making good use of the time He has left for me? Am I really about Kingdom business? Do I love God and love my neighbor with my all? Selfishness plagues me, I'd like to blame it on the culture, but it's pride.
Things on my bucket list aren't things to go see or go do, they are things like leading people to a deeper walk with God, learning more about the power of prayer, seeing people's desires change from worldly to Godly. But am I being the example I need to be?  Are they going to be attracted to God because of me?
Pondering never ends!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving The Sinner

The Mother

Love Fail