HELP! I Need Somebody!

     I put myself in the shoes of someone who is displaced, marginalized, oppressed, even homeless. I pondered if I was in their situation - wondered how I would respond and react to people who "helped" me.
     Would I scoff the "do-gooder"? Would I take from them and walk away? Would I be embarrassed or ashamed? Several "attitudes" crossed my mind as to my response.
     So, hear me, "do-gooder" - SEE me, HEAR me, walk beside me in my journey. Walk a mile in my shoes comes to mind.
     Don't look at me with disdain, or scorn, or pity. Don't just give me what I need, food or clothing or money or transportation. Give me Jesus! He touched people......physically touched them. He healed them. He taught them. He admonished them to stop their sin. Told them to pick up their mat of affliction and move on, take action.
     I want to be a "do-gooder" I want to help people.....but I want to do it with the compassion and love of Jesus.
     Will I fail? Probably. Will people respond to me favorably? Maybe not. But motive is everything. If I want to be Jesus to people, I need to read about how He encountered everyone - knowing the key to unlock every heart.

Comments

  1. How well I know......I don't want to be known as a do gooder but rather as HIS obedient child. To HIM be the glory when he asks....no MAKES me obey.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loving The Sinner

The Mother

Love Fail