What Do You Want?

     Jesus asked people what they wanted or what they sought from Him. I've always pondered that question and so I would answer Him this way:
 
     I want to continue with Him. I want MORE. I want to live Jesus, breathe Him. I want to be desperate for His Word. I want to know Him for just knowing HIM - not just for being wise in scriptures - not for knowing more than other people.

     I want to know His character, His ways, His purposes for me. I want to be obedient to Him, to His will and not mine. I want to want what He wants!

     Jesus said "Come and see". I want to go, not wait for Him to come to me. He didn't say I'll show you the way, I have to come to Him. This means leave where I am. Leave safe, forgo ordinary, quit mediocrity. Stop being lazy in the discipline to pursue hard after Him. No more distractions allowing sameness.

     COME - He says - leave discouragement, make a move toward Him.

     SEE - look beyond the circumstances that never seem to change.

     Then........I want others to come and see what I've seen. I want to give His hope, His love, to lonely, hopeless, searching people.

     I want to live walking beside Jesus, as if He were indeed right here, and talk with Him and listen to Him, and he would reveal Himself to me daily. And He does. He has given me His Spirit. Let me always listen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving The Sinner

The Mother

Love Fail