Loving The Sinner

I've always heard that we must hate the sin and love the sinner. Ok, that's easy to do as long as that sin hasn't affected you. In those cases, it gets a bit harder - a drunk driver kills your child, for instance. 
Love is not the same thing as tolerance. I love because Christ loved me. I tolerate because I'm told I have to. Love is a choice I can make because I realize Holy God loved me first. God doesn't tolerate sin. When my children disobeyed, it wasn't tolerated.  
I cannot say to God, ok God, I'm going to go my way and live in sin until I'm ready to quit. Actually I can, and quite often do - but at some point I realize my sin is offensive to Him and I repent and stop the sin. 
So often in our culture today, sin is not regarded as sin. But a Sovereign, Holy God gave us boundaries as written in His Book, and He expects us to live accordingly. His love for us has not changed, He still died to save us all. His character has not changed either, He asks for nothing less than obedience to His commandments. 
So.....yes we all sin, it is a fallen world and evil exists. The nature of our God is still one of love and forgiveness, but also of judgement and wrath. 
The "no condemnation" clause is for repentant ones, those who recognize their sin and beg for His forgiveness. We are told to test ourselves, but I'm afraid we're too easy on ourselves. Let's ask God to search us and reveal any wicked way in us. And then repent. 
So, as a mom, I'm sure you've said "where did I go wrong?" Where did we as a church go wrong? Did we begin to be too tolerant of sin? Is there a way to correct it? 
Praying for our Pastors, praying for fathers and mothers, for teachers. Praying for wisdom. Praying for God to raise up Godly men and women who will teach in love and truth. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Mother

Love Fail