Shattered Innocence

     You remember when it happened? Santa wasn't real! The Easter Bunny. I remember the day I saw something my young eyes shouldn't have seen, and shame flooded my soul and I wished I could've "un-seen" it. I remember wondering about everything and everybody after that. Are they nice people or not? Do I trust them or not?
     I see pictures of little girls on Facebook and other places that sadden me. They are posed provocatively and dressed like teenagers. Of course little girls all want to look like teens and go to great lengths to try to pull off the fashions they see. But you see, we are shattering their innocence before time. They see too much, know too much, do too much and by the time they actually are teens and young adults they have already been bored by it all. Growing up has already occurred, there's nothing left. So, then, they must experiment in even more destructive behaviors and do things they will regret.
     I wish we could put our littles in a bubble of protection and hide them from all this evil in the world. God has a standard bar of morality that we have all but taken down.
     I wish we didn't  have to explain why an evil has occurred. I wish we could let kids stay kids without scorn from their peers, or even from their mothers.
     I urge parents and especially fathers to teach little girls what is appropriate and what is not. To teach them to respect themselves and to let them play and not grow up so fast. They don't understand that looking too grown may make them a target for predators unless we teach them.
     Teach them to grow up in the ways they need, to work, to help others, to be responsible.
     Teach young boys to learn to turn away from evil. We don't learn these things on our own, parents need to be diligent to warn, and teach, and show by example how to live properly.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loving The Sinner

The Mother

Love Fail