Altar Alterations

     Today people went to the altar during a song, a rather uncommon thing. One of them was a Pastor, and the sight of it made me weep. I don't know why those folks were there except that Holy Spirit God met them and placed them there. I don't know why it made me weep except that Holy Spirit God melted my heart.

     There's an old song, The Altar, that says "that's what this altar is for, you don't have to carry those burdens anymore." I don't know why more of us aren't moved to go to that place of unburdening - that place of deliverance - that place of seeking peace - that place of surrender.

     We're told to not stifle the Holy Spirit. How many times do we do that when we harden our hearts or see no need for that place?

     Move among us please God - set us ablaze with wonder, Your wonder and majesty that still stirs and changes things. Praise and thanks to the God who knows and cares and gives us the power to go, the power to change, and the power to live. Praise God for the altar. Alter me God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving The Sinner

The Mother

Love Fail