Stick a fork in me

     I'm done - finished - over it. How many times have I said it?  Nothing is ever going to be different and I'm tired. Weary of it.
     Don't we give up so easily? Don't we get tired of praying and seeing zippo? Couldn't we catch a glimpse of what God might be doing? Couldn't He show us a morsel?  But years go by and nothing. Eons of discouragement. Decades of disappointments. Setbacks and sorrows.
     Well, here's a plan.......never, never, never give up. Even when we see nothing. God sees. Even when we think it's even worse than ever, God knows. God's heart is for our good and for His glory.
     He has never given up on me. His love has carried me over every obstacle, why shouldn't He lift me over the latest bump in this road called life?  Psalm 103:2 reminds me not to forget His benefits.
     If I cast all my cares on Him (1 Peter 5:7), it means that I fling them so far that I cannot gather them back up. If I focus on the good things (Phillipians 4:8), I'm not focusing on the bad stuff.
     If I continue to dwell on what I don't have, I forget to count my blessings. If I remember that He is working on my prayer requests, I remember the confidence I can have in knowing He is indeed on His throne and I'm not in control.  I trust.
     But soon, Lord?.......in the meantime there is grace sufficient.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Loving The Sinner

The Mother

Love Fail