TBT

I love throw back Thursday, seeing how people enjoyed their lives with friends and family. You get a little glimpse of sweeter times, especially if you know the things that have brought them to now.  
The now may be harder days, or bittersweet, but the memories can be displayed happily with a simple snapshot of old. 
My mother's life ended with Alzheimer's disease, and while she was able I asked a lot of questions about her life. She grew up in Bowling Green, and I have precious memories of her Dad and brother and cousins there. 
She drove Pop's Model T to school when she was 12, on a nickel's worth of gas. She had a pony cart and often hauled many kids around the farm there. 
When I see TBT pictures, I realize there's a great story behind each one and I smile at each one because it takes me back to a "time". 
I'm sure some people wish we would stop posting personal sentimental pictures, but I for one enjoy them all. 
Makes me ponder what legacy we're leaving behind. What will people remember about us? What will be said as folks pass by our caskets? I want to leave a legacy better than I portray myself now - I want to love better, do for others better, encourage more, be kinder, and most of all intentional about changing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving The Sinner

The Mother

Love Fail