Poor

.    I've seen poverty, the 3rd world country kind of poverty. The shock of seeing it never eases. The shock of seeing barefoot children running after your bus because they know you've brought food. Not toys - not candy - not even clothes.....food is the important issue. Clean food, clean water, such a luxury for them.

     I've seen these precious people worship. Weeping and crying out to the God who provides and answers prayers. Desperate prayers, earnest prayers, fervent prayers. It doesn't matter what language.
Work weary arms raised in praise and thanksgiving. And this after walking perhaps miles to even get there.

     I've seen worn women raising their babies, sacrificing for them from their meager supplies. Yet they smile. Genuine smiles. They are grateful. They are beautiful.

     They are beautiful to God. They are beautiful to me.

     Me: rich and fat and rested
     Me: lazy and satisfied
     Me: comfortable

     Oh, God, don't let me remain this way - content and heart turned away. Remind me daily to realize what I have and be thankful when I complain. Cause me to remember what I've seen, what I've touched, what I've heard, what I've felt. Hugs from small beautiful children and weathered grandmothers.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving The Sinner

The Mother

Love Fail